Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Destiny

This is a blast from the past.  About 15 years ago, I shot the below image for my friend, Pamela Davis-Noland for her first novel, Coffee Colored Dreams.  She wanted to shoot in a yard with a white picket fence to represent the ideal dream.  In our neighborhood in Houston, we randomly found a home with a white picket fence around the front yard so guerrilla style, we shot there.  Pamela found out years later that this home was the home that Beyonce Knowles grew up in as a child.  When Beyonce was about 15 years old, I saw her perform at a comedy club on Richmond Ave in Houston, called Just Joking, with the rest of Destiny's Child before their first album was released and I knew then that she would someday be famous.  These two incidence proves that I am destined to someday meet Beyonce.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Greg! I met Beyonce, but didn't have time to tell her the story... ;o) Hopefully, you will...

    ReplyDelete